- Coronavirus cases rise 54% in mainland France in a week
- French and Spanish cases at highest level in weeks
- Australia: Victoria reports multiple doctors in intensive care
- UK coronavirus updates – live
- US coronavirus updates – live
Peruvian authorities and the Pan American Health Organization are investigating whether the country failed to count 27,253 deaths caused by the coronavirus, a figure that could more than double the country’s official death toll from COVID-19, AP reports.
Peru already has one of the world’s highest tolls from the disease. If a large number of the suspected cases are confirmed, Peru’s death toll could surpass those of larger countries such as Spain, France and Italy.
Greece has announced another extension to the end of August of a controversial lockdown on its overcrowded migrant camps as infections in the country pick up.
The lockdown on camps introduced in March will now be extended until August 31 “to prevent the emergence and dispersal of coronavirus cases,” the migration ministry said in a statement.