- Fauci laments ‘historic’ Covid toll as US nears 500,000 deaths
- England roadmap out of lockdown revealed
- UK: changing events could put brakes on recovery roadmap, says minister
- Israel’s use of Covid vaccines in prisoner swap deal sparks row
- See all our coronavirus coverage
A World Bank report has recommended Israel consider buying Covid vaccines for Palestinians living in territories it occupies or donating surplus doses from its own supply.
The report warned there was an “uncontrolled” spread of the virus in the occupied Palestinian territories.
The US stood on the brink of 500,000 Covid-related deaths on Monday, while the vaccination rollout picked up pace globally including with the first shots in Australia.
The catastrophic US toll comes as some signs of hope are emerging in the world’s hardest-hit country, with millions of people now vaccinated and winter’s massive spike in infections dropping.